Friday, March 18, 2005

Can't wait till June...

I have another 2 full days before work gets back into full swing, till then I'll keep posting. This is surprisingly very therapeutic. I am currently planning my next trip to Germany to see my sweetheart. The last time I was there it was winter and my first time experiencing snow. It was a magical 3 weeks and I wished I didn't have to come back. But now I'm looking forward to seeing Germany in the summer! In exactly 11 weeks and 3 days, I will be on board the plane headed for Deutschland. I'm limited to only 2 weeks this time so I'm gonna spend that time solely in Baden-Wurttemburg, in the south-west of Germany. And since I'll have the luxury of the sun, we're planning to see the sights by bike, and do a spot of camping. Nothing as adventurous as camping in the forests or anything, apparently you're not allowed to... So I've managed to find this little family run camping and caravan park in Black Forest where we could do some 'civilised' camping. We're aiming to check out Freiburg, Baden-Baden, Freudenstadt where we can go hiking and if time permits, Heidelberg. From there we'll travel South to Lake Constance, on the border of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, where the towns Meersburg and Uberlingen, are said to be simply breath taking. So yeah, I'm terribly excited and just can't wait!

Will post pictures when I get back :)

11 weeks 3 days and counting down...

3 comments:

Hiddenson said...

Keep counting, nice to know you will be cuddled soon :)

On another note, thanks for the link to my travel blog. I added your link to my normal blog, as it seemed more appropriate this way. I may add it to the other later, I have to make up my mind, and it's too late tonight for that. Anyway, I hope you will keep reading, even though I should spend more time updating the travel blog than the normal one :P

Take care.

The CellMate said...

hiya, you came back :) I really enjoy your writings in 'Off the Beaten Track', makes me feel all the more compelled to get my ass out there :) I have many friends from India, so there really isn't any excuse not to go. Was India the last place you travelled to? I couldn't find anywhere to post comments in your Travel blog so I gotta write them here

Hiddenson said...

Hi schoen girl :)

Of course I'm coming back, doesn't take very long to know a blog must go to your favorites, does it? It's something you feel, which is why this medium is great.

About "Off the beaten tracks..."
- No, India is not the last place I've been, nor was it the first... but I'm blogging the adventurous travels I did with my wife. First one was two months in India in 2000, and second was Sweden and a bit of Denmark for a month last summer. This year, we might go to South East Asia, probably Laos and Cambodia, but we're still dreaming, not planning. We will go somewhere though.

- About the travels I did alone, nothing was really adventurous anyway. Belgium, UK, and Spain alone (is alone adventurous? Opinions differ on this). Italy, Tunisia, Poland with wifey or family (wifey is Polish, I'm Colombian brought up in Belgium, we live in Brussels)

- Right, no comments on the travel blog... I thought I would make one conclusion post with comments on in between travels, so that everyone could drop opinions there. This would allow me to have all comments in one place. Otherwise, travellers may not read each other's comments, as posts fade out and lose scope. It's the nature of this game... I haven't figured out a way to counter this for the travel blog. Any ideas from you or village boy are most welcome.

Take care, and "read" you later :)