Tuesday, June 28, 2005

$160 going once, going twice...


My sis has been scanning the pages on eBay religiously eversince she first typed in her information on the registration page in February, and to date is the proud owner of more than 25 books and $455 poorer. Apparently she got so hooked onto bidding that she very nearly spent US$200 on 'The Lord of the Rings:The Rough Guide to Middle Earth' or something like that. Despite her addiction to 'submitting' her hard earned dough to a stranger half-way around the world, I must say she has managed to procure a large variety of hardcovers for a fraction of the price she would pay if she'd bought them from Borders. With that said, I have now joined the ever growing family of bidders and am currently trying to decide what exactly it is I would like to waste my money on.

3 comments:

Hiddenson said...

What about an original, signed "just-for-you", yet genuinely gorgeous painting or drawing by Hector Hurtado?

:)

The CellMate said...

oooooooh, I would most definitely love that!!

Hiddenson said...

Treat yourself and do it then ;)