Thursday, September 27, 2007

And then Add in a Spell of Chilled Holidays...

Every time I tell people that I'm gonna be camping in -6 degree C (night time) temperatures, their reactions are always the same... "Damn that's cold! Are you sure you wanna do that?" I've heard that so often now that I'm gradually starting to doubt if it's such a great idea to camp... me, a camping virgin at that! I can't help but wonder if we're just really adventurous or have absolutely no clue what we're getting ourselves into! If you think about it, we're gonna be in some forest somewhere and therefore not have a source of light at night save the torch - so I won't be able to read, or write much. Secondly, it's hard enough knowing that i'm gonna have to (finally) pee in a bush, and now I have to do it in -6 degrees and in the dark?!?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I'm sure I'll survive it, but the thought just seems so unwelcome...

C seems to think that if I survive -10 in Mongolia I'll survive -30 in Harbin and so has proposed that we all go up to the Northern province of Heilongjiang next January for the Harbin Ice Festival followed by a skiing trip. I can't even bloody roller-blade properly!

No comments: