Wednesday, July 27, 2005

For the Want of A Social Life...


I'm up to Week 6 of my 'Speak Spanish in 3 Months' book, and I'm nowhere closer to speaking the language. I've studied the rules of verb conjugation for the present tense, present participle, past participle and perfect tense, how to use the possesive adjectives and pronouns, interrogative and relative pronouns, among others, and revised them often enough, but even after all that, I find I can read and understand passages much ealily as compared to trying to form sentences by myself. It frustrates me to no end! And now in my current Week, I am stuck with reflexive verbs. I just don't get it! Aarrgghhh!!

With that said, Soc.com 705, aka. the social committee here at work, is putting up a BINGO Night every Wednesdays to raise funds for up-coming social gatherings. I'm quite sure there are loads of people out there who would balk at the idea of spending an evening with colleagues after a whole day of seeing them, but I feel that possibly due to the size of the company and the nature of our jobs, most, if not all of us are pretty relaxed and fun-loving and we get along quite well, so this get-together has actually sparked a pretty positive interest... Ok, BINGO's about to begin. I better go buy my lucky cards hehehehe...

2 comments:

The CellMate said...

no it doesn't but i'm not so worried about pronunciation... it's the HOWs and WHENs to apply certain rules that's bugging me...

Hiddenson said...

Have faith and courage, sister!

And remember, for any hairy question you may have, fire it this way. I'll happily help you clarifying some points.

Un saludo, y que te vaya bien!