Thursday, March 01, 2007

Beware My Wrong Side


I've always been a pretty easy going person, always accepting of people even if they DO have annoying habits. Bu as I've mentioned before, I've become less patient and less tolerant of people and their weirdness (of which we all harbour somewhere within us)... But I recently realised how strong a reaction I can have towards a someone if he EVER has the misfortune of getting on my WRONG SIDE. It's quite scary, this dark side of mine. I'm surprised at actually how unforgiving I can be, and there's nothing, NOTHING, that person can do to get back on my Good Side... I can try concentrating on all his good qualities; keep telling myself that he's a decent person; he can do the sweetest things, tell the funniest stories, but I will not be able to appreciate them anymore.
The funny thing is, I still can't quite say what exactly it is that will push me over the edge. It can be a one-off incident that doesn't even have to necessarily happen to me and pfffft.... Bye-bye to any prospect of the friendshihp progressing any farther.

For example, the lastest addition to my Black Book is a friend who, under the influence of alcohol, gave some girl (a girl I didn't even know) a hard time at a house party we'd attended. And yes, he went straight from Good Side to Wrong Side. It was absolute torture pretending to be all nice and friendly when all I wanted to do was have a permanent barrier between us. I couldn't look at him, couldn't flash a genuine smile, had to crack my head for topics to talk about... I felt like such a hypocrite! But what could I do?! He came to Shanghai to pay me visit and I'd offered him a place to stay. I couldn't bear to ruin his 10-day holiday... and this happened on day 4 :p Needless to say I was glad to see him go...

Now that I've come to terms with MY weirdness, I wonder how many people out there suffer this same affliction. And more importantly, Why do I react this way??

No comments: