Saturday, February 24, 2007

Salam!


April 30th will see me in Dubai for a week where I can look forward to being all dressy and fancy and riding around in fancy cars (courtesy of J. or should I say his neighbour). Now just so everyone's clear, I'm not big on the fancy, bling-bling, wine and dine combo. It's too much of a chore and too expensive an image to maintain. But getting out my stilletoes and cocktail dresses (that I barely ever wear but have just because they're pretty) and being zipped around in a Porche for a week makes for a nice change ;)

Anyway, what I'm REALLY excited about is the DESERT SAFARI that I intend to go on!! Camel riding and dune bashing in a 4WD sounds exhilirating, don't think I'll try sand boarding though... Watching the sun descend from the top of a sand dune... then when day light has faded, relaxing by a bonfire while savouring an Arabian barbecue in a Bedouin tent and sipping cups of traditional coffee and finally, reclining on carpets with a sheesha while belly dancers shake and shimmy to the beats of traditional arabic music. Oh how absolutely glorious!!! I'm so looking forward to it!!

No comments: