Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Ever Shrinking Social Life


I finally understand how some people are able to remain unfazed when they realised that their work had somehow snuck up on their social life and leeched off it to the point of oblivion. I'm at the mouth of this particularly nasty spiral and I'm hoping I'll come to my senses soon enough and dig my heels in / grab on to anything I can find before I get sucked in entirely and become like one of my superiors... (she's beyond help!)

I've stopped making plans to go out, due to the fact that more often than not I'd have to cancel coz I'm either too tired or I gotta stay late. The weird thing is I don't find all this particularly frustrating. I wouldn't say I've accepted the idea, more like motivated to do so due to the fact that I'm in a start up company and we all just want to make it work.

Anyway, so how did I realise that I'm so close to falling into this spiral? When I canceled, yet again, on someone I was supposed to meet tonight, and not being the least bit bothered when he bade me a very curt goodnight. (he was obviously fed up with my 'excuses') I'm treading on dangerous ground...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's ok pris
we doctors do it alllll the time.
sometimes you just have no choice but to prioritize, and your true friends will understand.
-yen

The CellMate said...

yeah I'm quite sure of that, prob is, I don't have any 'true' friends here :p mostly acquaintances so *shrug*

Anonymous said...

Mao Zedong is always available darling, why the heck are you complaining??!! He sure cant go anywhere else but wait for you ;O