Monday, June 25, 2007

BARBIE WEATHER!!!

Well sort of. Would prefer it if the air was drier but I might as well make the most of the day. After spending a couple of hours at a DimSum brunch (yum yum!!) the next hour or so was spent checking out the Shanghai Art Museum. The main aim was to check out the 300% Spanish Design exhibition which showcased the uniquely spanish designs of lamps, chairs and posters within the last century. Saw a few pieces (lamps) that would be great to replicate and have at home! Also checked out the 'Infantization' exhibition which was yummy and definitely struck a chord with me. The bright colours and style not only brought back memories of myself as a kid but also made me think of my little ones at school, which kept a smile on my face. There were several others on display but can't quite remember the names. I particularly liked a series of portrait photographs. I don't know what technique was used where at first glance you'd think it was a pencil sketch but upon closer inspection, they were really photographs. The models were well known figures such as Kate Moss & Devon Aoki but instead of glamour shots, these were raw black and white ones, that perfectly captured the emotions etched in their faces, the thoughts in their eyes...

Anyway, stepping out of the museum into the sweltering heat brought to mind visions of ice cold beer and so I promptly decided to pass up throwing a ball around with colleagues in favour of Scrabble at Cotton's accompanied by buckets of Coronas! The weekly Sunday barbecue was well underway by the time we got there, but since it was already about 5pm, I decided to dig in. At RMB88 for unlimited meat and salad, it was too good a deal to let go. Lamb chops, chicken, sausages, ribs, meat patties for burgers, and about 8 - 10 varieties of salads were enough to satisfy me for the next 3 hours. Not bad for a Sunday ;-)

No comments: