Sunday, June 10, 2007

Playing Footie!


After months of being idle and bemoaning my lack of physical activity, salvation has just been delivered to me in the form of Gaelic Football! A game that to me, seems to be a cross between football & rugby and a smidgen of volleyball. A most unusual but highly interesting game! Went down to the field today with an existing player to have a look see and I was thrilled to see how fun it is! So starting Tuesday evening, I'm gonna be down on that field doing the drills and getting down and dirty, not to mention sweaty. The great thing is, the team plays in tournaments as well, and they'll be going to Singapore in about 2 weeks to compete. I'm gonna train for the September one in Dali! How exciting! Time to get kitted out! with proper boots and sports attire! The club also has a touch rugby team, a contact rugby team as well as an Ultimate frisbee team! Unfotunately, due to the fact I work on Saturdays (and most of the trainings are on Sat), I have to be content to settle for one, even though touch rugby does interest me! The scary thing is I'm so out of shape and my stamina shot to shit, it's gonna take me awhile to be able to last long out there... we play 7 a-side instead of 9, on a standard sized football field! :s Good luck to me!!

No comments: