Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don't Mean to Be Gross but...


*Warning: bloody pic at the end*

I had a stupid wart sitting on my thumb for ages and finally decided to get it removed. I would've preferred the less painful way of getting it out (cream with salicylic acid) even if it did take longer to remove, but doc wouldn't hear of it. He stabbed the sucker with liquid nitrogen and successfully blitzed the surrounding healthy tissue as well (which was unavoidable). I was then told that a big ass blister would form by the next day and that I should prick it and remove the skin. The wart SHOULD be at the apex of the blister and come away with the rest of the skin. So yesterday afternoon I performed a little mini surgery on my thumb, taking care to use alcohol swabs and a 'sterile' pair of scissors (since I didn't have a needle). The result looked pretty erm... bad. The wart did come off but instead of a thin layer new skin that I was expecting to see under the blister, I saw this... And you know what!! I think the root broke off and is still in my thumb!

I'm kinda in pain now... dammit :p

No comments: