Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Adventure!

... a year from now :p My biggest travel project at this point would be a month-long backpacking trip in South America. 2 reasons: It offers loads of possibilities for an adventure holiday, and secondly, I will be completely immersed in a Spanish-rich language environment! My spanish SHOULD be pretty decent by then so my travelling there would be more to learn maybe street slang and to just enjoy the 'feel' of the language all around me! God I'm getting tingles down my arms!

Seeing how huge the continent is, I've decided to start gathering little bits of information from people who'd already been there and are therefore able to recommend places and sights. Up till now, Peru is a definite. Looking at the highlands - Cusco, doing the Inca Trail, Lake Titicaca, - and the Amazon. Will be pretty cold when I go but it'll also be the dry season so would make for more comfortable exploration. Average temperatures in the highlands are a high of about 20 deg C and a low of 1 deg C. Warmer in the coastal areas but not warm enough to appreciate the waters.

Slowly reading up on the country and what options i'll have. Will need to come up with a budget and therefore START SAVING!! I'll probably start buying one travel item each month instead of blowing $1000+ at one go closer to departure date. Makes it easier on the pocket :p

In addition, a possible country would be Bolivia. Seeing how the most I have is a month I might divvy it up into 2 weeks in Peru, 1 in Bolivia and hopefully 1 in Rio if J is still living there then. After 3 weeks roughing it out (as I plan to) a week in the city wouldn't be such a bad idea. EXCITED!!!

No comments: