Friday, July 20, 2007

Transformers... Robots in Disguise


OMG!!! Watched Transformers yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! My childhood heroes on the big screen man! I mean watching Blackout and Frenzy in action was thrilling enough but
to watch Optimus Prime transform... I thought my heart had stopped! From then on I was just bolted to my seat, my eyes trained at nothing but the big screen. I was rendered breathless on more occasions than one and had goose pimples all over during the final fight scene!! OH! And not to mention the brand-spanking new Bumblebee!!! Admittedly I felt very cheated when he turned out to be a Camaro rather than his original Beetle but what the hell, he's beautiful just the same!

Awestriking scenes:


1. The first transformation of Blackout (heart thumping, jaw dropped!)
2. Optimus Prime driving up to Sam & Mikaela
2. Bone Crusher skating down the freeway
3. Scorponok flying through the air in pursuit of the survivors of Qatar base
4. Ironhide charging through the city, cannons a blazing
5. The Decepticons & Autobots transforming from robot to vehicle in mid-stride ARRRRGHHH!! How hot was that?!

OK, gushing aside... of course there were parts that didn't go down as smoothly with everyone. Chatted with a buddy and we both agreed that:

1. Bumblebee was the ultimate hero! He put up a better fight compared to the rest of the autobots. Or should I say, not enough screen time was given to the rest of them, Optimus Prime not including.
2. Optimus Prime was "too much of a pussy" - going down after being thrown around a little bit by Megatron
3. Ironhide's weapon abilities were grossly underplayed. Blackout displayed a much more impressive use of his weapons in the opening scene.
4. Producers shouldn't have sold out to General Motors. But I guess that was inevitable.

Anyway... must watch it again!! I'm gonna go watch 'Transformers: The Movie' now...

No comments: