Thursday, July 12, 2007

'Tis the Season to be Peachy

Spring was beautiful with all those shiny red, juicy strawberries. It was all i ate... I'd put them in desserts, eat them whole, blend them into my banana smoothies... and then summer came along and kicked spring out, sending the strawberries after it. I thought, that's it... I'm gonna be stuck with bananas, oranges, apples and watermelons. Not that I have anything against these fruits, I just want something that I can't get back home for really cheap. And then I tried the peaches and there's been no turning back. (I have to thank my fruit guy for that first experience) They're firm to the touch but when you bite into it, your teeth just cleave cleanly through the flesh sending rivulets of juice down your arm and smearing the sides of your mouth, leaving you a sticky sticky mess. But it's ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! Sweet and juicy! I LOVE IT!!! Munching on one right now :D SLURP!

No comments: