Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Decadent Sunday


Sunday was an extremely beautiful and lazy day. Plans to head down to the beach with a girlfriend for some colour and eye-candy were almost dashed when it started raining sometime at 1000hrs. Oh well, rain on a Sunday isn't all that bad. I could always go back to sleep :p And then, lo and behold, approximately 4 hours later, the tentative fingers of the sun came a-tapping on my closed eye-lids... SUN! My brain screamed... SUN! I jerk awake. YES! Rang up said girlfriend and we were on the beach by 1500hrs. It was obviously crammed with bodies but we still managed to bag a spot close enough to the water so as not to have to navigate our way around the dozens of sun worshippers, and yet not too far from the bar where all the cold beers were waiting, jammed on the sunglasses and slapped on the tanning oil (I can just see J. rolling his eyes right now... he's a big believer of sun block, and he has every right to be. I was just in desperate need of some bronze tones). It was pure bliss I tell you, watching dogs gambole on the beach and splash about in the water, while adorable little 2 year-olds ran around butt naked (to maximise the sun probably?). 3-1/2 hours and 4 Heinekens later, we figured we'd allowed the sun more than enough damage so decided to head home, casting one final glance at the heavenly bodies that we were gonna leave behind. Sigh... we have to do this again next week...

2 comments:

Hiddenson said...

Likewise, I only treat myself with tanning oil spf factor 2 :P

I'm sure I lie there much less than you though :P

The CellMate said...

Well, since I use one with a SLIGHTLY higher SPF, I think I'm entitled to a few extra hours in the sun heeheehee