Friday, August 04, 2006

Finally...

... I've moved into my new place. It's actually my boss' but since she's left for Shanghai, she offered to let me have it up till the time I leave and join her (when that would be I don't know anymore... everything's been delayed and I feel like I'm in some sort of limbo). Apart from the first couple of days of interrupted sleep that usually comes with sleeping in an unfamiliar bed, I have to say I'm settling in quite nicely. It's obvious she'd put alot of thought into the layout and design of the apartment.

It's done up very stylishly without going overboard... simple elegance is how I like to think of it, with a very zen feel to the place -a stone water feature to one corner provides a gentle trickling sound, and instead of the standard 1+2+3 sofa set configuration, she decided on a day bed instead. The living room and bedrooms have wooden floorboards, while the rest of the place is tiled.

The bed's a futon on a raised portion of the room, and a personal wash basin sits in the far corner, next to the en suite shower. The toilet and the general wash basin are accessible via the shower cubicle or the kitchen, so guests will not have to troupe through her bedroom to use them.


Overall, it's a pretty cool place to live in. I would like to put up more pictures but am having a few technical difficulties so these are all I can offer right now. Will see what happens...


Oh by the way, I share the place with an Italian pizza chef called Alessandro (or Alex) whom I barely see due to our very different schedules. I've been
here about 5 days and I've only met him once. Oh well...

No comments: