Wednesday, September 20, 2006

DETOX!


After almost a week of wanton indulgence in good food and alcohol, my body has begun protesting. General lethargy aside, my tummy has been giving subtle hints as to being in great and urgent need of some TLC (i.e. a healthier diet). Well, I guess it'll do me good to NOT ignore my body, so I've placed myself on a detox diet and a vegetarian diet. (translation: Absoultely NO meat of any kind. But seafood and eggs are ok) *GRIN* I see it as a sort of challenge, for going without meat for even 2 days is REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT for me. I swear I start showing signs of withdrawal if my meat supply is interrupted. But 5 days into my 'diet' and I'm must say I'm quite proud of myself! Not a single piece of beef, chicken or pork, has passed through my lips. I even turned down a BITE of pizza because there was meat on it. I've also come to realise that being a pseudo-vegan ain't all that bad. My tummy has certainly settled for one, and second of all, I don't get all sleepy after meals anymore - a chronic condition I've faced my whole life, thus earning the nickname 'The Python' courtesy of my daddy. :p Nevertheless, please wish me luck on my journey to healthy living as I have a sneaky feeling my enthusiasm and determination will wane sometime next week and the gorgeous smell of Nasi Tomato with chicken rendang will just wreck havoc on my will power... sigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe.. Pris i think all virgoans are vegans. Min Yen detests veggies, and I also eat alot of meat. MEAT.IS.GOOD.

The CellMate said...

Fuck... I've already broken my diet and I didn't even begin the Detox part of it yet!!! HOPELESS!!!