Monday, September 25, 2006

What a Small World Indeed!


Was browsing through Hospitality Club, trying to get in touch with members in Shanghai so that I'll at least know a few people there and will actually NOT have to stay home on weekends that first month of so (I'm being optimistic here), when I received a friendly e-mail from someone in Germany (never met the guy) saying that if I was ever in Germany again, that I could drop him a line and he'd take me around. (You'll understand why once you figure out what the Hospitality Club is all about). We got to chatting and it turns out he lived in Sabah when he was little (same tiny town I was born in), and that our dads worked in the same plantations!! Well not really the same plantations but same area. Both our dads were in cocoa and they might actually know one another! How freaky is that! Been chatting with him for over an hour and so far he doesn't seem to be a weirdo, so wahey! I've made another friend! I love the Hospitality Club!

No comments: