Wednesday, September 20, 2006

On Soul Mates


“... People think a soul mate is your perfect fit... But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that’s holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they’ll tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with your soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave.”

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert pg 149


Gives a whole new perspective on the whole idea of Soul Mates, huh... ;)

1 comment:

destinie rulz said...

I have been with my soulmate for almost nine years. I truly could not live without him. He is truly my other half. Together we make a whole person. Our talents combined help us to have a wonderful life. Together we take care of his mother. We are truly inseperable. I can't go anywhere without him. And when I am away from him overnight he can't handle it very well. He doesn't know how to function without me there. It's like we are an extension of each other. Basically what I am saying is we are forever.