Sunday, May 20, 2007

Choices


There'll always be points in life when you find yourself caught between a rock and a hard place. Two options you're simply not keen on but are faced with anyway. About a year and a half ago, I found myself in a similar situation, trying to decide if I should stay in Singapore where everything was safe and predictable and, just go insane; or pack up and leave to go do something I'd always wanted to but was just too scared to do coz of the uncertainty my life would take on if I did. My boss said something to me that I will always remember: "Pick the option that you're most afraid of doing because that will show you what you're capable of and how far in life you'll be able to go." I got out of that dilemma pretty easily though coz a third option materialised and I'm now in Shanghai.

Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing), right now, I've got a mountain on my left and a ravine on my right and I already know which one scares me more. So this time, I'm gonna go down that ravine and I'm gonna prove to myself that things will indeed stop being scary coz all i have to do is look it in the eyes and just believe in myself....

No comments: