Friday, May 11, 2007

"When The Lord Closes a Door, He Always Opens Another..."


... according to Julie Andrews at least in the movie, Sound of Music. For the first time in my life, after having a door slammed in my face, I prayed, asking God what plans He had for me, what I was meant to do, where I was meant to go, to give me the strength to accept what life has dealt and to take with me the learning I got out of it... and then begged Him to tell me that no matter what happens, that everything will turn out OK.

Today as I was about to leave work, I found a door opening. First, I was told that I'm being considered for a promotion, secondly and the most exciting, would be a potential move at the end of 2 years... or thereabouts. Without going into too much detail, if everything goes as planned and should I choose to accept, I might find myself in California, or more specifically, San Jose. It's not Spain, I know, but seeing how the majority if the population speaks Spanish, it would be right up my alley... But 2 years is a long way away and everything's still up in the air. For all you know I might end up in bloody U.K (No offence to my English buddies) :-) For now, I'm not gonna fight life, but let it take me where it feels I should be. It's tiring to keep wanting something so badly and then not getting it. Maybe I should just chill for awhile, and not take life too seriously. *shrug*

No comments: