Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Arrrghhh!!


*Warning: author is in a self-pitying mood*

These last few weeks have been a little crazy. Deadline for one thing is almost immediately followed by a deadline for another. And little ol me is stressing herself out (to the point of having nightmares) of not being able to meet said deadline, and I'm back to my bad habit of forgetting my dinner. I would say that part of the stress is due to the fact that the 'assignment' involves a fair amount of creativity, something I find rather challaneged by. BLEH! If all goes well I'll be done by Friday night, otherwise, it's gonna be bye-bye Saturday and Hello work... again. I'm praying hard I won't have to stay late Friday. Moi has a hot-chocolate-and-marshomellow date. Now who in their right mind would wanna miss that. I also hope I won't have to go in on Satuday coz I'd been invited to a pot-luck dinner party that evening (meaning I'll need the afternoon to shop and cook) and it would be a great chance to meet new people. And I can start with the host! hah!

Holiday plans are all coming to naught. My initial plan of making a trip up to Beijing during the Chinese New Year (or Spring Festival as they call it here) went down the drain for 2 reasons: i) the person I was hoping to meet in Beijing was smart enough to make plans to run away to warmer climes - Malaysia, and ii) friend of mine who'll be country hopping around Asia will be down and will most definitely NOT have clothing thick and warm enough to withstand the temperatures of Beijing. Next option was to take a 3 /4 hour flight to Hainan island where the sun will be shining and the sea will be warm and i will be able to get my tan back!! But I heard it's gonna be jam packed with people and is probably too late to get any form of accomodation by now. Option 3 hit me a couple of days ago while I was stabbing the keys on my keyboard and cussing the damp weather. If I can't get the sun, sea and sand, I can still run off to a place where the temperatures are at least a little more bearable... like Hanoi! (between 16 to 20 degrees on a good day I think, as compared to 2 - 6 deg here) Plus, it would be a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and just C-H-I-L-L before A. flies in on the 18th!! Unfortunately a certain someone will be away on those exact days, so there goes my accomodation ( ;) just kidding G.)

So yeah, I'm fresh outta ideas.

Ok time for a beer and Scrubs...

No comments: