Sunday, August 06, 2006

Jedi Master Cilla

I was asked to help a couple of ex-colleagues out for a birthday party they were hired to orgnanise, and eventhough under ordinary circumstances I would gladly give up a couple of hours of my time whenever they need an extra hand, this request was extra special… it was a Jedi-themed party and I was to be one of the Jedi Masters… the first FEMALE Jedi might I add, to ever join them. Needless to say I was absolutely thrilled. I’d always harboured a secret wish to dress up as a Jedi and engage in a light saber battle. My costume, I know, wasn't very close to the proper Jedi outfit but I thought it looked pretty good. The kids absolutely loved it and the parents were glad to have them out of their hair for about 45 minutes while they tucked into the buffet spread to the sounds of their children attending 'The Jedi Training Academy'. I even got to engage in a fight scene with one of the other Jedi Masters who went astray and was nearly lost to the Dark Side. Fun Fun Fun!!

2 comments:

Hiddenson said...

This is uber-geeky cool!

I've been actually waiting for years that someone sows a Jedi costume for me. I'd sure wear it :P

Must have been a very fun day, I'm jealous!




- on second thought, sugar boosted academy kids would have me go to the Dark Side and play Anakin in a split second :P

The CellMate said...

Isn't it COOL!!! Will always remember this as the day I became a JEDI! Oh and yes, the kids did go a little mental, and they weren't even chock-full of sugar yet!!