Friday, August 11, 2006

Events

I've finally got a tentative date for my departure to Shanghai!! If everything goes according to plan, I'll be off on the **15th of September! A little over a month away. My first big 'move' out into the world... well second, momentarily forgot that I've not lived in Singapore all my life :p So third major change in my life so far, my first real job and my second move.

And I'm not the only one facing a big change, I know of several friends and loved ones who will be starting a new chapter...

My sister was offered a job with the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and will move Down Under in January. I have a feeling she will never leave Australia. Well, more reason for me to go down for a holiday!

Michelle and Ngeow recently found out that they’re expecting! Mich is 7 weeks pregnant, and I am absolutely thrilled for them! How exciting! They will be the first couple of friends whom I’ve known since secondary school to start a family… CONGRATULATIONS guys!

Jochen will be embarking on a 1-year internship with a financial company in Dubai, and if all goes well, will probably be working there for several more years to come. Keeping fingers and toes tightly crossed.

Girlfriend of mine has made the decision to quit her job by the end of the year to move to London where her boyfriend of 1 year is. I will miss her terribly but I'm very happy for her.

Sigh... Life can be so much fun sometimes...

**update: 15th Aug 2006

NOT 15th Sept, but 7th Oct... BAH!!! At least there's a plane ticket to go with the date this time :p

No comments: