Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hadhafang

My sis has been bidding on e-bay for Lord knows how long and it'd mostly involved hard cover collectible books and stuff on World History. Last night, I received a very excited Skype message from her saying that she'd won the bid for Hadhafang. Lord of the Rings movie buffs will recognise it as the sword that Arwen used when fighting off the Ringwraiths.... well I think so anyway, I'm not an LOTR buff. She spent A$96 on the 100cm long, exact replica of Hadhafang ('Throng-Cleaver') and is thrilled to bits to be the proud owner of it. I have to admit that it IS a rather unique thing to have. Seeing pictures of it made me suddenly want to get my hands on a Hattori Hanzo sword but checked myself knowing that the novelty would pass and I'd be stuck with a 42" stainless steel weapon and nowhere to put it. I don't think I would even be able to bring it into Malaysia without going through the hassle of declaring it and stuff... But it's still a really cool sword.





No comments: