Monday, April 02, 2007

Here's to the First and Many More to Come!


Well, C and I hosted our first dinner guests here in Shanghai, and I must say it was a success! (i.e no burnt food, or funky tasting dishes, very nice mood lighting :p) It was just a simple dinner of 3 dishes but one that I enjoyed thoroughly preparing for... It allowed me the luxury to experiment and the excuse to spend that amount of time in the kitchen :D The main dish was a chicken casserol (which I'd initially intended to be eaten with bread, but half the guests went for the rice I'd boiled just in case) which was served with a side of sitr-fried celery, sweet peppers and prawns, baked aubergines wrapped in strips of bacon. Then for dessert, slices of oranges and strawberries in caramel sauce (i was rather nervous with the caramel in case it burned while boiling the sugar :s) C. was in charge decor and ambience. I'm glad we had so many candles and holders lying around :D Little parties are so fun to do if only I didn't have to clean up. The dishes are still in the sink... :p


No comments: